Monday, 12 March 2012

and more photos still...

Turns out baseball is my new obsession (I always like to have at least one).  The games here are super exciting.  The crowd is crazy crazy... lots and lots and lots of noise... whistling, music, sound effects.  This game was particularly exciting because it was the first time they had used the new outdoor field lights.  Notice the fireworks in the background?  They fired non stop for most of the first part of the first inning.  How distracting was that for the players?  I heard there were 2000 people at the game.  Esteli won!!
 
 
 half of the crowd... I was sitting in the middle behind home plate
 and I was sitting next to this man... at one point I looked at him and noticed that his hat said "Meadow Lake"on the side.  I asked if I could see it and, sure enough, it was from a company in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan.  He bought it second hand here (many many stores here are second hand stores... clothing coming from the US and Canada).  I explained that it came from my home province in Canada and asked permission to take his photo. 


This woman lives next door to my family.  She makes tortillas for the entire neighborhood.  I often hear her beginning to pound the dough at 3am.  She stands.. on hard floor... over a hot stove... pounding, pounding, pounding all day long.  Her tortillas are delicious!  I wish you could see her face better.  I would estimate she is about 70 years old.
 
 


more things I see while sitting in my chair in front of my home...













No comments:

Post a Comment