I feel like life is settling into somewhat of a regular routine. Up at 5 (with the roosters) I usually read or study for a couple of hours. I shower (did I mention that there is NO hot or even warmish water). I eat breakfast. I go to school for 8am. The walk to and from school is getting easier (2 mountains each way). My leg muscles no longer ache and the blisters on my feet are starting to heel. At school my teacher and I spend 2 hours chatting. I use the word chatting rather lightly. Its more like she asks me questions and I use an incredible amount of energy and force squeezing out word after word (for the first time ever I have verbal constipation). It is, I admit, getting easier. I have now learned how to speak in the past and future tenses. Conversations are limited significantly when we can only talk about what is happening right now. I sit. I study. I drink water. I go to the bathroom.
After school I make the trekk home for lunch. After lunch I either have a siesta, read, study, go for a walk, study some more. The order varies but essentially that is my day. Soon I think I will be ready to be a bit more adventureous. Im hoping this weekend to find something interesting to do. Perhaps I will have something more exciting to post on Sunday... but for now... I miss my family terribly. I even miss the annoying things (not that any of them are too annoying). I miss having Jordans warmth and love at my side when I sleep... I miss Hopes good night hug... I even have moments of missing Meran and Mashalls constant chatter and never ending questions. Functioning in a language that is not mine has given me such an interesting perspective on relationships and communicating.
Until next time... my love, as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment