Months of anticipation... of
planning... of doubting... of excitement... and the time has come!
In 14 hours I will be boarding the plan for Nicaragua. It's kind of
a crazy weekend. Jordan had to fly off this morning (early!) to go
to Toronto for church related meetings. Meran & Mashall boarded
the bus to Naicam to spend the weekend with my mom. Tomorrow Hope
will be heading over to a friend's house where she will spend the
weekend. In the morning, the amazing Angie Bugg will be picking Hope
and I up and transporting us to the airport where she will get to
witness one heck of a sob fest... she has then kindly agreed to drive
Hope home. While saying goodbye to Jordan was not easy this morning,
the anticipation of saying goodbye to Hope is heart wrenching. And
yet, at the same time, despite all of my anxiety, I know without a
doubt that this is the right thing to do – for me and for my
family. Hope and I had a wonderful afternoon & evening together
– silliness, lots of food and hair dye. Soon, we are going to
cuddle together and watch some t.v. before we drift off to sleep. I
both want this day to never end... and to hurry up and be over.
This feels like the perfect time to
rave about my amazing daughter for a moment or two. She truly is
amazing. I am just so darn proud of her. She's intelligent, saucy,
independent, stubborn (qualities that used to drive me crazy but that
I now am quite in love with). She's beautiful, self-confident,
curious, ambitious. She's critical, politically aware (far beyond
her years). She has a sharp, scientific mind that appreciates logic
& reason and yet she is also interested in exploring matters of faith. It
is because Hope is who she is that I feel confident enough to leave
her for 2 months. If I were at all concerned for her well-being.. or
doubted her ability to cope with my absence... I would not be taking
this trip. Tonight we were at Montana's for supper and I started to
have what could have ended up in a serious anxiety attack... worrying
about tomorrow and making it from point A to point B in one piece...
she took my hands in hers, looked me in the eyes and assured me that
(1) I am not an idiot (2) I will not get lost (3) I will be fine. It
was so comforting. And then we ate the biggest yummiest baked cookie
covered in caramel and ice cream. *sigh*
I will post again as soon as I am able.
Hopefully on Saturday to let those of you who are worried for me
know that I have arrived safely (although if you don't hear from me
Saturday assume that it's not because I'm lost in Texas but because I
haven't been able to find an internet cafe).
So until then... peace to you!
Love,
me
Hope has a few pretty fabulous role models as parents in her life... ;)
ReplyDeleteBon Voyage! Much love, and peace, and health to you as you travel! :) Excited to read you updates when you can find the opportunities to do so! :)
It is true that sometimes our children become the ones that give us the support we need to do what we never dreamed of doing. I am sure Hope will be great. I am very excited for you Laura and I look forward to following your adventure here. Peace and blessings to you, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete